Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I Spy

After leading a sedentary lifestyle for several weeks, I am leaving the safe confines of my lakeside city today to venture back out into the wilds of Albania. Most of the legs of my travel on the road during the next week should be too short to warrant stretch breaks, but with my sights set back on the open highway, I give you "I Spy: Pilaf Stops."


I spy a horseshoe, metallic and grey, and colorful flowers in pots made of clay. The skull of a ram and shrubs trimmed just so, eagles and lions that won't run to and fro. The paints, they come in shades of pastels, while the pipes reach far for the rain that just fell. And when your spirit needs protection or fun, there's a full chain of cloves and a dish in the sun.

Mmmm... pilaf. See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment