Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Illustrated Edition





Peace Corps has taught me many things about life and myself: that family is best kept close, that I'm not that great at learning new languages but it sure is fun to try, that I took easy access to ethnic food for granted for far too long, that Americans use too much water in their coffee, that one stop shopping is overrated, that paved roads and parking lots are not overrated, that figs are a real fruit and don't only exist in newton form, and that there is an art to keeping a good blog.

I'm still figuring that last one out. I ran out of writing steam a few weeks ago and have been avoiding this thing ever since. I think I'm back, but there will probably be a few changes around here. More pictures and fewer words for a start. From there, we'll see where it goes.

The pictures above are from this past weekend. Brad and I made yet another hike to the nearby village of Potkozhan. It was a beautiful fall day and I actually managed to take a few pictures of the town itself. You feel like you step back in time about 100 years when you enter some of these rural villages. Four hours later, though, I was back in Pogradec, sitting in a coffee bar filled with flat screen TVs and using wireless internet to skype with my parents.

One word summary? Albania.

No comments:

Post a Comment